Butterfly inspiration


Hi everybody,

I had my breakfast plate in the car so I put him on the plate.
As you see he has two black dots on his wings.
I found out online that it means he is a boy!

I haven't posted anything for a long time but something happened to me last week that inspired me to update my blog and share the story.

I was driving to work last Tuesday (09/11/2012) and saw a Monarch butterfly on the ground in the middle of a very busy street. It was trying to fly but couldn't do it. So I had to get out of the car (I know I know it was a little bit dangerous!) and took him in before the other cars crushed him.

I took him to work and examined him, he was OK and nothing was broken. I checked online and found out that I can feed him with sugar and water on a cotton ball, and as soon as I put the sugar ball down he started to feed.

Long story short, I fed him for a few days then he got better and started to fly a little. So I left him on my porch. After a day he started to fly really well and took off to Mexico. :)
This accident inspired me to do a painting I am working on right now. I will post it when it's finished. I hope it will inspire you too. :)

Monarch butterflies travel to Mexico from 

Canada around September!


They live about 8-12 months!

Just check out how he got better!

No comments: